Sunday, December 30, 2012

I believe in MAGIC!


2012 has been a year of up's and down's.  For the most part up's...BIG up's.  But some downs.  I have lost friends this year - mostly tragically and without warning.  Those types of down's are difficult to overcome...and now 2012 is 30 hours off being over and I am sitting on my couch watching Mamma Mia and tapping my foot to the music!

I do not want to rehash 2012 memories - they are captured in this blog.  Instead I wanted to reflect on what I want for 2013.  Each year I have a theme for the year.  Those of you who read my blog over the course of 2012 will know this was the year of COURAGE.  Whilst on my courage journey, I heard from some people who felt my journey was inspiring them on their way too.  How amazing.  Now was this a courageous year for me.  In hindsight - absolutely.  I have surprised myself even in some of the things I have done.  Some of the things I have been brave enough to say. I feel stronger ending this year.  I really do.  I have found a very comfy place for myself and I am so pleased about that fact.  

The looming NYE has caused me to reflect on what theme I want for 2013.  And then it came to me.  I want 2013 to be the year of HUMOUR and MAGIC.  This is my H&M year.  They may come in equal doses.  One or the other may tip the scales at some points.  Either way, H&M is the antidote for my 2013 poison.  

In preparation of my H&M year, I sat this evening and made myself the most wonderful MAGIC jar.  I decorated it with ribbon, one of my angels from dear Mausie and a lot of sprinkles in the jar to make my heart smile every time I put something in it.  It is called "Gina's 2013 Magic Jar'  And the point of this magic jar you may be wondering...well now - each time I have an and/or/both H&M moment in 2013 I am going to write the situation on a slip of paper and pop it in the jar.  And on 31 December 2013 I am going to open my magic jar and remind myself of ALL the H&M moments in the year.  I do not want to forget the moments in the year...so logically writing them down makes them re-liveable!  I am excited at the thought....the concept of reminscing in a year's time is super fun!  And who knows where I will be, or what I will be doing, on 31.12.13...but my jar will be with me and I will have a glass of champers in my hand and my specs perched on my nose ready to read with glee.  

Wishing you all the very best of good tidings for 2013.  May it bring comfort, joy, mesmerising moments and soul travel.  Love, light, laughter and joy from me to you xxxx


4 comments:

  1. Sadly, Ali Bongo, the great master of humour and magic, is no longer with us. Perhaps we need to find a wizard who can tickle people with his wand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who on earth is Ali Bongo? Going to google now!

      Delete
  2. How is your magic jar filling up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My magic jar has not had a post in it for a while...I needed the reminder - thank you!

    ReplyDelete