So last night late...once I had finished writing my blog...Kungfu Panda and I were whatsapping...as you do at 1130pm in London to SA! He had read the blog...and liked it (phew!). But he reminded me that I forgot out some details of our friendship that were pertinent to the story...so I promised him an epilogue!
And what better time to write that epilogue than now...after all - I can't sleep anyway - might as well be useful. So what were the pertinent parts I left out...well...he has been a pretty much every birthday party of mine since we met. I went back over the FB photo album from my 30th (many moons ago) this evening and dragged out some old photos of us together...he has a good memory for a boy...he was able to identify exactly where they had been taken!! Bless him! It seems I also forgot to mention that he has a crooked finger on one of his hands (I know which one - let's not out him completely here!)....the result of a messed up tendon...there is just something about that finger that makes me smile...everytime! I have taken to peering at it each time we are together...I reminds me that not one of us humans is perfect...in any way, shape or form.
But most importantly I failed to mention that we have kissed many many times over the years! [He told me I should write about this by the way]. Kissing each other is such a fun experience for both of us - we agree on this! We laugh and joke and make fun of each other. And every time we kiss it gets better and better. But always these kisses are 'in-between's'. In-between partners and internet dates and blind dates and speed dates...on both our sides...we are safety blankets to each others insecurities. This week I was lamenting that we had not kissed since my farewell in May 2011...and he piped up 'you left the country'...so in true childish fashion I responded 'you got a girlfriend'...and his retort 'well you left the country first'. I tell you...he is a special man this one.
I am reminded of my favourite quote of all times when I think of him...one by Marcel Proust...
"the real voyage of discovery comes not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes'
Love you to infinity and beyond, Kungfu Panda xxxx
And what better time to write that epilogue than now...after all - I can't sleep anyway - might as well be useful. So what were the pertinent parts I left out...well...he has been a pretty much every birthday party of mine since we met. I went back over the FB photo album from my 30th (many moons ago) this evening and dragged out some old photos of us together...he has a good memory for a boy...he was able to identify exactly where they had been taken!! Bless him! It seems I also forgot to mention that he has a crooked finger on one of his hands (I know which one - let's not out him completely here!)....the result of a messed up tendon...there is just something about that finger that makes me smile...everytime! I have taken to peering at it each time we are together...I reminds me that not one of us humans is perfect...in any way, shape or form.
But most importantly I failed to mention that we have kissed many many times over the years! [He told me I should write about this by the way]. Kissing each other is such a fun experience for both of us - we agree on this! We laugh and joke and make fun of each other. And every time we kiss it gets better and better. But always these kisses are 'in-between's'. In-between partners and internet dates and blind dates and speed dates...on both our sides...we are safety blankets to each others insecurities. This week I was lamenting that we had not kissed since my farewell in May 2011...and he piped up 'you left the country'...so in true childish fashion I responded 'you got a girlfriend'...and his retort 'well you left the country first'. I tell you...he is a special man this one.
I am reminded of my favourite quote of all times when I think of him...one by Marcel Proust...
"the real voyage of discovery comes not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes'
Love you to infinity and beyond, Kungfu Panda xxxx

No comments:
Post a Comment