Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wolf whistling on the Strand...

Last year I bit the bullet and bought myself a rather lovely (and expensive) Macbook Air...it had to be done!  Anyway...thankfully I had the foresight to purchase One-to-one with my new techy gadget...because 6 months on and I have admitted defeat...I need LESSONS...thank goodness for one-to-one...poor old Jake from the Apple Store in Covent Garden had his ear chewed off by my 5 million questions tonight...he kept looking at his watch - I hope that is an Apple trait and not indicative of my boringness!!!

Anyways - I finished my lesson and headed home via a walk to Charing Cross station.  I had my new fancy pants earpods in my ear (I had finally succumbed and bought a pair...thought it was marketing hype that they were (a) better sound quality and (b) would stay in my ears...well - NEWSFLASH - they are and they DO!!!! Totally worth the 25 quid price tag!)...and back to the story!

SO my casual sauntering meander down the Strand led me past a Macdonald's.  As I suddenly wandered I heard this cacophony of wolf whistles and cat-calling...'hello gorgeous' was like music to my ears.  I could do with a compliment or two.  So I quickly feel my chest gently swell...I am CHUFT!

And then I looked around to see who it was...expecting some youngsters with nothing better to do...or a bunch of drunk bankers (it was after all 930pm - well past their bedtime)...and then I realised where the whistles were coming from...and 'pop' went my gentle buzz...let's just say this movie is a good rendition (literally) of the beautiful men who were calling my name....I was the lady (obviously!!!)...what a laugh and what a FUN start to 2013...there is hope for me yet!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulation, I'm sure you richly deserved those whistles. Or maybe they were hoping you'd spare them some change...

    ReplyDelete