Found a bookstore that seems to carry every book that is out of print, over 5 years old, etc. Anyhow - I stumble upon the book called "Singletinis". Some random chick lit was the order of the day and for 39 rand - what a steal. What I didn't know was that this book was going to make me think differently about being single in the city!
So - what is a Singletini...according to the author, Amanda Trimble, the definition goes like this:
Singletini: 1. Noun A glamourous and increasingly common type of girl, typically found in urban settings (Am I common I ask myself?)
So - as I begin my ramblings on my blogspot, I have no doubt that I am a singletini. I am young, I am fabulous, I am single (duh!!), I am the Joburg version of this lesser spotted species (at least these days that is!) and my only expertise necessary for this blogspot is that I am a purveyor of all things human...behaviourally that is!
See you on the flip side y'all...and remember - keep it real and emotional...
p.s. log in for the next behaviour experiment...a Facebook Fast...can the Singletini do it? She herself wonders...all in the name of science (not!) Check out (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/magazine/15wwln-lede-t.html?_r=2&scp=2&sq=Facebook&st=cse)
No comments:
Post a Comment