With two sleeps left in my own bed before the biggest adventure of my life begins, I find myself pondering all that Johannesburg means to me....
It is the place of friends and family, of familiarity and fun times - it has been a city that has given me so many opportunities in the last 11 years (Ai - Karamba - 10 years in Jozi!) and it is a place that I am surely going to miss....so I thought I would capture the 10 things I am going to miss the most - you ready?
1 - the frequent, unexpected and always welcome Highveld showers
2 - my sister and BIL, just down the road, around the corner - White trash will just never be the same on my own!
3 - the smile of the vendors on the William Nicol trying to convince me that "it is real Louise Vutton medem"!
4 - having my darling Audi parked just outside - such a trusty steed - enjoy your new home Stanford!
5 - spontaneity of fun times with friends - wine over the road with Leigh and John, Fatties with the girls on Mondays, Thursday night Spur with Jimbo, BuddhaTa with George (not sure that was ever his real name!), Emmrentia picnics with the Maurel's, Benoni treks to see the Fun Police Fennell's..I could go on forever!
6 - dogs and kids...my friends and family's dogs and kids that is...I have become such a softie in the past couple of years and find connecting with kids one of the most spontaneous and fulfilling things to do...as for dogs - well - Digby and Daisy have stolen my heart - no doubts!
7 - being one hour on a plane from Zimbabwe - land of my heart
8 - Msuna...my all time, forever best holiday spot for the most relaxing time ever!
9 - "make a plan" attitudes from the receptionist to the CEO - "make a plan" attitudes are SO contagious!
10 - my Mom
So - I hope you will keep me company on my new adventure - less than 48 hours left in Jozi and my heart has such mixed emotions...the airport is going to see many tears on Friday! But at the end of the day - London Living is going to be so much fun! Sleep tight buttons!
No comments:
Post a Comment