So - it has been over two weeks since I wrote on here. And boy - you will not believe the schenanigans that have cause this lapse in G spot posts! My momma got sick. Really sick. And it was time to batten down the hatches, put our faces to the north wind and keep on walking (or in my case, flying...) back to Africa. I have been here almost two weeks and it has been nothing short of frenetic. Hospitals, doctors, catheters, blood tests, blood tranfusions, physio, nurses and general mayhem and bedlam. Anyways - she is on the mend and will be fine in a few weeks to head back to her life in Zimbabwe. But - we have made her swear within an inch of her life - NO MORE OPERATIONS IN ZIMBABWE...ever!
I seem to have missed some interesting moments in the UK whilst I have been gone. James Murdoch may in fact have known about his phone scaming, inflation has shot up this last month and oh, of course those pesky little lighties with nothing better to do than riot, vandalise property and hurt other people - eish Africa ain't so bad it would seem.
I head back to the UK on Thursday night - good olf British Airways bringing me home! I really do hope I get an empty seat next to me - the 14 year old with his morning glory at 6am was a little much to handle on my way out here! I look forward to seeing some mates again and getting into the swing of things. Off to Zimfest next weekend with my friendy Kelly Chase - my liver is already getting a scared face!
Lessons learnt from the past few weeks:
1 - having your hair done in Africa is cheaper than Africa...and the haridresser comes to the house (bonus score!)
2 - Groceries in SA are so blimming expensive - hell's teeth.
3 - Sick family members are quite mean when they are ill, but somehow you forget that when you remember they are family.
4 - Bodies are amazing things - they heal, protect you and function when we human being generally treat them badly - mine is going to get a different kind of caring on my return to the UK.
5 - Sisters are legends...just legends....
6 - And so are BIL's!
Love you all xxx
I seem to have missed some interesting moments in the UK whilst I have been gone. James Murdoch may in fact have known about his phone scaming, inflation has shot up this last month and oh, of course those pesky little lighties with nothing better to do than riot, vandalise property and hurt other people - eish Africa ain't so bad it would seem.
I head back to the UK on Thursday night - good olf British Airways bringing me home! I really do hope I get an empty seat next to me - the 14 year old with his morning glory at 6am was a little much to handle on my way out here! I look forward to seeing some mates again and getting into the swing of things. Off to Zimfest next weekend with my friendy Kelly Chase - my liver is already getting a scared face!
Lessons learnt from the past few weeks:
1 - having your hair done in Africa is cheaper than Africa...and the haridresser comes to the house (bonus score!)
2 - Groceries in SA are so blimming expensive - hell's teeth.
3 - Sick family members are quite mean when they are ill, but somehow you forget that when you remember they are family.
4 - Bodies are amazing things - they heal, protect you and function when we human being generally treat them badly - mine is going to get a different kind of caring on my return to the UK.
5 - Sisters are legends...just legends....
6 - And so are BIL's!
Love you all xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment