Sunday, February 5, 2012

These are the days of my life....

It has been a while...a long while. Not sure why that is - I could make a million excuses...and there genuinely have been some - blogspot have changed their operating system and I can no longer access my blog from the office (very very very annoying), work has been hectic, social life has been even more hectic. SO yes - reasons, but rather boring really! So - sitting here at 9.45pm on a Sunday night - having spent the ENTIRE day in pyjamas and pondering my navel, I kicked myself up the arse and decided a post was in order! Friday night was my birthday party and I partied like a ROCK star! Seriously - have not had a bender like that in a while. So many wonderful mates and family around - lots of prosecco, finally got all my nearest and dearest to meet one another (I lost count of how many times I heard...Oh my gosh, of course I have heard about you!!!) It was only when the party started gathering that I began to realise quite how large the gathering was...and quite how many RHODENTS were in the hood. So wonderful to bring everyone back together again - some had not seen each other in years and years and bazonke years! I loved every second of the evening - so much of fun....laughter, drunken moments, stolen kisses, hook-up's, no break-up's....just call me Ms Connector! Anyways - I found myself at the end of the evening with Leekie and Baldie for company. Now we were NOT ready to go home yet and decided that seen as my house was the closest to town, Clapham it was! So - after Leekie flailed a taxi by running into the middle of the road...literally...I had visions of ending up on the drunk ambulance programme on telly at the moment...horrifying...we spoke the biggest amount of nonsense in the cab to Charing Cross. The plan was to get the night bus. Well - Murphy was helluva nasty that night - as we climbed out of the cab at CC, there was the N87 waiting at the curb...and let me tell you, this chassis is NOT made for running. Never to mind (another drunken ambulance flashback...) Leekie levitated herself with a force second to only Usain Bolt and plopped herself on the entrance to that bus...whilst myself and Baldie managed to make a crazy, rambling dash for the bus. We made it! And that is when the chaos really started. Hands up if you have ever been on a night bus in London. They are like the best fun. Seriously. But do not, I repeat, do NOT ever do them sober past 11pm - you will only be bleak and annoyed. However, if you tackle them pickled and on the late side of 12, you will find them SUPER amusing! We sokkied, we laughed, we danced. And then IT happened. Honestly, one of the funniest moments I have had in London. Second only to the lady with the green mamba suitcase from months back. There was a foreign looking man on the bus. Sitting in the sit reserved for Mum's with babies (first row by the baby bug parking spot!) When we were dancing, he was LAUGHING at us and telling us were nuts. And he was drexting (drunk texting) someone - bless. As we turned of Trafalgar Square and the bus was beetling for home down Whitehall, the bus driver suddenly decided to stop. Within a space of like 1 metre! And poor old Drexter actually was propelled off his seat at the speed of light (his well lubricated sense of humour helped the situation). Honestly, one minute he was there and the next minute he was GONE! Absolutely sprawled on the floor of the bus. If he had been a goldfish in a bag of water, he would have been gasping. And then he arose, with Iphone still attached to his right hand and continued to drext from the floor of that bus as if he was on his father's yacht in the middle of the med. By this stage, the 3 of us are CRYING with laughter. CRYING. I had seen the whole thing, but the others had only heard the splat as he hit the floor and were still as amused as I was! I know it is horrid to laugh at someone else's misfortune - but seriously - he was NOT perturbed at ALL...just went about life as though nothing had happened! The rest of the night was just plain silly - 3 grown adults playing Uno till the sun rises is less than amusing...especially when one needs to spend the day in Kent with your sister's entire in-law family...60 and counting people....not sure how many names and faces I will be able to connect in the future! With birthday cards propped up on my table in front of me and flowers from M and F and a lot of joy and love and laughter in my heart after a seriously great birthday week (which started with some dodgy credit card fraud in South Africa and a broken boiler, but included a day at the Sanctuary Spa in Covent Garden and dinner at Jamie's Italian in Covent Garden), I am over the fact that I am 35. In fact, I am embracing it for all I am worth. £5 is going to be glam and gorgeous and brave with NO admin. I like it already! My sis and BIL are starting their two week cruise of the Caribbean this evening, my Mom is on the mend and I am closer to 50 than I am to 20....now that is as amusing as Drexter on the bus.... Over and out lovelies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment