The past few days I have been thinking about numbers. Literally. It seems so much in life is driven by a digit of some form. You cannot get onto a bus, buy groceries or talk to a friend without using numbers. It is like numbers are the unspoken words that our lives NEED to make it work. Seriously - I challenge you to think of any action in life that does not require 1 or more multiplications of 1 to make it happen! Even a kiss needs two pairs of lips. Ot at least a mirror, one red lipstick and one pair of smackeroos (you know what i mean - we have all kissed a mirror in our lifetimes!)
All this talk of numbers started me thinking of all the numbers in my life - where I encounter them and what they add to my life. After all - every number must earn its keep! In no particular order, here are some of the numbers that make my life a joy each and every day - have you thought about your numbers?
1 - loving Mom
2 - beautiful eyes that I see the world with
3 - strands of hair needed to make a plait (now that my hair is getting longer, I love plaiting it - takes me back to being little!)
77 - the year of my birth and the number of my bus to work every day...that was how I just 'knew' that I would secure the house I now live in
22:22 - the witching hour. It never ceases to surprise me how often I will look at the time in the evening, when I have just climbed into bed and it is exactly 22:22 (and 2 is my lucky number!)
2002 - the year my darling godchild Bronny was born
21/12/2010 - the day Tobes joined our family
17 - the year I got my driver's licence
28/05/2010 - the day I landed in London to live my dream
2 - people needed to make a hug (hugging oneself just does not seem satiating enough!)
2012 - the year of the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee in London
9/11 - I remember where I was when the course of history took such an immense turn
1995 - the year I finished school (holy smokes - that was 17 years ago.......)
1998 - the day my bestfriend arrived in my life
4 - the number of letters in my name
7 - the number of pounds in my bank account right now (January is a LOOOOOONNGGGG month!)
5 - the time works (theoretically) stops for the day!
And the list goes on and on and on. I guess the real beauty is that whilst numbers surround us all our lives, they are really only the skeleton onto which we build the meat of life - friends, laughter, sunshine, whisky, babies, pets, good health - none of these are about the numbers and all about quality! Enjoy a quality evening lovelies xxx
P.S. 8 sleeps till my sis and BIL arrive - one last number for shits and giggles!
All this talk of numbers started me thinking of all the numbers in my life - where I encounter them and what they add to my life. After all - every number must earn its keep! In no particular order, here are some of the numbers that make my life a joy each and every day - have you thought about your numbers?
1 - loving Mom
2 - beautiful eyes that I see the world with
3 - strands of hair needed to make a plait (now that my hair is getting longer, I love plaiting it - takes me back to being little!)
77 - the year of my birth and the number of my bus to work every day...that was how I just 'knew' that I would secure the house I now live in
22:22 - the witching hour. It never ceases to surprise me how often I will look at the time in the evening, when I have just climbed into bed and it is exactly 22:22 (and 2 is my lucky number!)
2002 - the year my darling godchild Bronny was born
21/12/2010 - the day Tobes joined our family
17 - the year I got my driver's licence
28/05/2010 - the day I landed in London to live my dream
2 - people needed to make a hug (hugging oneself just does not seem satiating enough!)
2012 - the year of the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee in London
9/11 - I remember where I was when the course of history took such an immense turn
1995 - the year I finished school (holy smokes - that was 17 years ago.......)
1998 - the day my bestfriend arrived in my life
4 - the number of letters in my name
7 - the number of pounds in my bank account right now (January is a LOOOOOONNGGGG month!)
5 - the time works (theoretically) stops for the day!
And the list goes on and on and on. I guess the real beauty is that whilst numbers surround us all our lives, they are really only the skeleton onto which we build the meat of life - friends, laughter, sunshine, whisky, babies, pets, good health - none of these are about the numbers and all about quality! Enjoy a quality evening lovelies xxx
P.S. 8 sleeps till my sis and BIL arrive - one last number for shits and giggles!

No comments:
Post a Comment