Sunday, January 6, 2013

FfF.........



As 99.9% of you who read this blog know...I became an Aunty in October 2012.  His name is Fred and he is the joy and light of my life.  I truly never thought it was possible to love with such an open, honest heart...and he is only 10 weeks old...imagine my heart when he is 10 months...and 10 years...oi vey!

I am not the only one who has become completely besotted with him. Understandably his mom thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread...his Gogo is 'head-over-heels', his Dad is entranced by his cuteness and his Granny and Gramps in the UK have a constant tear in their eye when they think of him.  Altogether, Fred has been a complete blessing in our lives and has created an undercurrent of caring and compassion in each of us.

Our Wilson family have never been the fittest (or thinnest) in the world.  Diets, special drinks, lotions, potions, cellulite 'hoovers'...we have tried it all.  But actually - we have missed the trick in all of this.  It is not about getting thin.  It is about getting fit and being healthy.  And as a by-product of getting fit and healthy the weight loss comes.  So my sis phoned me with an idea about 2 months ago...seed planted.  We need to get Fit for Fred (FfF)...because at the end of the day, he is 2000% worth being fit for.  And I for one want to be able to ride bikes with him and make sand castles on the beach and not feel like my lungs are diving out my chest or squeezed when I lean over.

And like all things in my life...I need a seed to be planted...and once it is...it needs to germinate...slowly...with a lot of manure.  And about 3 minutes ago, my seed popped its head out the top of the soil and said - 'yes, I know how I want to start my F.f.F. journey....'.

In my FfF journey I am not going to focus on what I am NOT going to do...I am going to use my own positive psychology on myself.  I am going to focus on what I AM going to do.  I am not going to focus on grams and portions.  I am focussing on how I feel and how much my body says 'thank you' to me on a daily basis.  A little unconventional I know.  But too many times in my life I have ended up in places feeling denied and cheated by what I CANNOT have.  I do not want to be there again.

I challenge each of you to get up and active.  If not in support of our FfF campaign...then for your own nieces/nephews/grandchildren/children/friends children/etc etc.

I have decided what my first FfF activity is going to be.  I am hoping I can rope some of my mates into joining me.  I would love the support.  But I would also love for them to have the chance to start their own 'Fit for...' campaign.

I have just registered for this....I have 76 days, 15 hours and 52 minutes to get fit for it...as of this minute...

http://www.doitforcharity.com/wheres-wally-fun-run-15103.aspx

Yip...a 5 km fun walk.  I am going to be looking for sponsorship...but most of all I am going to be looking for support and laughter along the way.  And what a great way to beat the winter blues with some early morning or early evening walks and some heated pool swimming.  I am PSYCHED!

2 comments:

  1. Geens..... what an amazing thing to be doing and of course you have the best inspiration in little Fred. Love this idea and going to use it for my own motivation. You go girl.. Fred will be so proud of his Aunty Apple. Massive high five to you and good luck with achieving this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Puden - it is a very exciting adventure to be starting something for a real purpose. Keep me posted on your plans. Big love x

      Delete