Saturday, March 16, 2013

Making my heart sing....

The last few weeks have had limited patches of heart singing moments in between the tiredness and stress.  But last night I was blessed with a heart singing experience that I loved.  My darling Bobster pinged me yesterday morning...coffee after work...he wanted to chat.  I said cool.

We met up at London Bridge - easiest for us both as we are in the general vicinity of the area. We had a gentle drink.  We chatted.  A proper catch-up chat.  Deep, interesting, happy sharing.  I love those kinds of chats...I am after all driven by intellect in others.  Two drinks.  Bobster pulled out his iPad and we started looking at some old pics...when he was in his youth...and had hair...LOTS of it!  We laughed.  We noticed all sorts of things in the background of the pics...things like the distinct breeze blocks from old Zim houses...and Mazoe that used to come in glass bottles with screw caps...it's amazing what you can observe in life when you really look.  And these things evoke such strong memories and bring back such happiness.  

Remember these....


And then a friend from SA, Cass, joined us.  And as soon as she did...eish...somehow things went south!  You know that moment when you realise the tipping point has happened...when just 5 minutes earlier Bobs and I could happily have finished up our drinks and made our way home...and minutes later...BOOM!  We had a jaggermeister.  It hurt.  But my whisky's were sliding down like homesick moles.  L.O.V.E.L.Y.

In that moment, I was so very happy.  I was with one of my oldest friends.  Bobster makes me smile.  20 years of friendship.  20 years of knowing someone.  Their up's and down's.  Their quirks, the things that drive them, the things that make them laugh, the things that upset them.  And there is NOTHING in the world better than instant camaraderie and connection based on longevity.  I have a handful of friends like this...people who I have stayed connected with for decades and who know the in's and out's of my life.  Friendship is an honour...I give my heart to friends every day in the hopes that friendships like mine and Bobs grow and nurture.  Friendships that have got over the 'honeymoon' hump and have matured into comfortable matrimony.  

Needless to say, the evening went downhill swiftly...Bobs gave a toast that was so dear and kind and thoughtful...I was overwhelmed.  We laughed, joked, had shooters and then decided to play, "20 personal questions"...oi vey...thank goodness what goes on tour stays in tour...I now know some shit that I never should have!!!  Ice-cream lollies will just NEVER be seen in the same way!!!! 

The night culminated in a vodka shot, a linked arm toast and ballroom dancing on London Bridge...superb! I have realised today that I am getting older...it has taken the better part of the day to get me feeling remotely normal.  But it was SO worth it.  It was a wonderful evening...and it made my heart sing, smile, laugh and do a jig!  Love you my Bobs xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment