Friday, October 2, 2015

My {figurative} pregnancy starts today...


…ok - hang on there.  Before you think the title of this blog is completely nuts, hear me out.  The last few weeks have been a complete *bitch*.  Work has been off the charts hectic, homesick mates, forgetful friends, friends in pain, not seeing the wood for the trees….blah blah blah.  And on top of it, I am being pushed to confirm my departure date from London for my move to Dubai.  And let's be totally frank here people…I have been in denial about going.  After all, I am moving to a country I have NEVER been to surrounded by countries that segregate women and are at war with themselves.  Oooh yes - good idea there Gina!

Anyway - it has been a challenge to sort out the date as I have work commitments around the time I need to move - so I either need to be settled in Dubai before they start or move while they are happening.  Neither of which are exactly the easiest scenarios.  But today.  Today I finally got to sort out this conundrum.  And then I realised rather serendipitously…the departure date is 32 weeks away.  And that is where the pregnancy came in….I have already eaten into 8 weeks of my 'pregnancy' before I give {figurative} birth to my move to a new country.

So here's the thing.  32 weeks.  That is a figure that is MUCH smaller than I would like.  Shit's getting real.  Very real.  And I have not done half the stuff I wanted to in London never mind the UK.  Why do humans always think there is time (and it is not exactly as if I have sat idle for 4.5 years!!!)

At the moment I am fulfilling a big bucket list experience - I am knee deep in Rugby World Cup 2015 and off to Newcastle tomorrow with my lovely friend, Fee, to watch South Africa beat Scotland.  I am confident we will win.  It may not be by much.  But we will win.  I have a good feeling.

I need to plot my must-do's on the train tomorrow and start figuring out what I want to really do before I leave the UK.  The thought of having to go through my stuff and clear out before the movers come to take it all away is just belly-achingly nauseating.  I am going to look for the silver lining - time to get rid of some shit.  I even found myself googling tonight for a book on the japanese magic art of tidying…yes - completely OCD…I *own* OCD!

So friends - if you have been threatening to visit me in London for the last 4.5 years (Graham…that is you)…or you have an inkling to do something in the UK (for those living here)….get hold of me…time is ticking people…32 weeks till D (eparture) - day…Thursday 12 May 2016 it is.  Oh - and Save the Date for the farewell…Saturday 7 May 2016…I know I know….invites to be sent closer to the time so nobody things I am a *complete* freak!

Peace out lovelies - never ever doubt the magic…it's there if you want to see it…

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Cameron and I got to see you in your wonderful home in London

    ReplyDelete