...my ship came in! No. Don't laugh. Seriously. My ship came in. And like the saying goes, "With my luck, when my ship comes in, I will be at the airport!" Weeeellllllll - my ship came in and Roy from UTS was definitely there to meet it!
No - I am not bonkers! Finally the ship from Durban, South Africa arrived in Felixstowe, England yesterday - and my goodies are on it! I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am - I had never ever anticipated how much I would miss having some personal things around me (random stuff like my favourite candle, photies of my friends and family, some familiar books!). Hold me back - the thought that there will be some variety in my wardrobe from the last 7 weeks of 'same old, same old' makes me want to do a Charlie Chaplin ankle clapping jump...shame for my poor levitation faculties though! So the wait now begins for customs to clear my stuff and then delivery and unpacking - feels like Christmas as I have forgotten so many of the things I shoved into the boxes at the last minute! And of course there is the small issues of the missing shoes from Mavis...lord help me (for those of you who don't know about/remember the Mavis story - here's the link - http://singletini-in-london.blogspot.com/2011/05/mavis-mover-lady.html )
Last night I went out for farewell drinks to say cheers to Nats Stewart who is heading back to Cape Town in a few days. At the last minute, Mary, my friend from work, decided to spontaneously come with me. Well - I am quickly beginning to realise that Mary and I are like gas and match - we make a FREAKING big chaotic 'fire' when we are together! Neither of us needs any second invitation! So - when we started with cocktails and ended up talking about what our names would be if we were porn stars (mine is NOT repeatable, her's was Curly Shirley...which hysterically became Surley Curly by the end of the night!) In fact - as I type this, I am truly wondering how on earth we came up with Curly Shirley (and why for Pete's sake - logic defies me!!!!!!!) Anyways - midnight pizza and a cab ride home was required and neither of us have been particularly inspiring today! If you find yourself in the Earlsfield area - try out Bar 366 right by the station - HEAPS of fun, Burlesque dancers (which the boys all loved) and a great night out! (http://www.bar-366.com/index.php)
And given the randomness of my day today - I thought I would share with you truly one of the most RANDOM and strange things I experienced today on the tube. I got the tube in this morning (normally I use the bus - but had something different to do today to start my day!). I was using the Northern Line from Clapham North up to Elephant and Castle where I need to swop to the Bakerloo line. It was relatively empty (it was around 9.45am). A girl was sitting next to me. Now you know how close those tubes are - you can see the nose hairs on the person next to you! Anyways - she starts writing a card to her friend. My curiosity was peeked, so of COURSE my eyes wandered over to what she was reading. Oh come on people - you telling me you would not have looked - of course you would have! Anyhow - I see truly the most RANDOM message I honestly think I have ever seen in my entire life. Her friend was off on some kind of adventure to a place where there were zebras (I would theorise Africa!) as she mentioned this. But it is the final lines of her card that made me think WTF...her final sign off line of her card said...any guesses...not 'I will miss you my friend' or 'Have a splendid time' - oh no, it said...."and don't get AIDS". I mean REALLY - are you kidding me? Stupid 101 thing to write in a card to your mate - surely?
So - on that crazy, random note - having had my fair share of STUPID for the day, I am off to catch some sleep. Tomorrow I see Kirsten (nee Pitchford) from my junior school days (22 years since we last saw one another - think we will recognise each other?) and Ashleigh McClelland (14 years since I last saw Ash), having a braai with my beloved Cindy (nee Midgley for those of you with us at high school) for Josh's 2nd Bday...and then I will collapse with over-exertion! Love you BIG...and don't get AIDS. Be wise - condomise!
No comments:
Post a Comment