Sunday, March 4, 2012

The past few weeks...

...have been a complete blur.  Where on earth did February go? Seriously!  One minute my Sis and BIL where here and we were celebrating birthday's and their belated wedding celebrations with the UK extended family and the next minute it was March!  In between I worked a couple of SERIOUSLY huge work weeks and went to the USA again!

New York City is still a mesmerising place - but eish - when you are being blown over on the street and it is difficult to stay vertical then you just know that it is better to get inside!  So - not as much wandering as I would have liked....did manage to have a really cool brunch with a new found mate in Manhattan though - nice place and very NYC if you are in the hood...

http://www.thesmithnyc.com/

Last night I went to see Billy Elliot in London and it was truly spectacular.  Loved every last second of it and could have gone right back in for a second time straight after!  It was made all the more special by the fact that Josh Baker, playing Billy, was doing his last performance in the role.  He has played Billy for 18 months or so and is now moving on to new ventures...and his Mum, Dad and little brother Max were sitting in the audience in the seats in front of us.  You have NEVER seen prouder parents and he performed like a super star - truly - I have never sat so still and been so engrossed in a production in my life...

It got me thinking of all the great productions and musicians I have seen in my life and I thought I may as well list them as a reminder for myself...so starting with concerts I have been to in Joburg...

Enrique Iglesias - with Lol and her mom
Pink - with Imo and her mates
David Gray - with Bethan and friends
The Killers - with Carls and Tobes and Paddy
Billy Joel - with Carls, Pete and Jimbo
U2 - with Carls, Jimbo, Tobes and a bunch of Zimbo's
Rod Stewart - with my mom, Carls and Tobes
Neil Diamond - with mom
James Blunt - with Carls, Tobes and Zimbo's

Special times...and I am hoping I have not forgotten any?

And still to come in London...

27 June 2012 - Alanis Morissette in O2 Brixton - with Leekie and Vennardi
17 July 2012 - Madonna in Hyde Park - with Crone, Domster and DJ

And then the theatre productions...

Lion King - London - on my own in 2001 - my first ever theatre experience and I LOVED it!
Lion King - Joburg - the gang
Chicago - Joburg - the gang
Cats - Joburg or CT?
Phantom of the Opera - ?
Grease - Joburg - the gang
Driving Miss Daisy (with Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones) - London - with Vennardi and Steve
Pygmalion - London - with Crone and Domster
Terrible Advice - London - With Vennardi and Steve et al
Billy Elliott - London - with Cheryl
Jersey Boys - London - with Sean

And coming up still - the new Zach Braaff at the end of this month, something on Broadway NYC in August when I am there with Agnes and War Horse...so loads of cool things!

Off for a weekend away next week with Crone as my birthday pressie - so excited to get away for a mini break out the city!  Talk soon madhatters! x

No comments:

Post a Comment