I love things that inspire me just as much as I love being an inspiration. So last night when I saw this photo of a new painting by the very talented Ishmael Singo (find him on FB) from Bulawayo, I contacted him immediately. And I bought it.
When I return to London in December, this will be framed and in my suitcase. I am thrilled. Not just because I am supporting someone talented and local. But also because in its simplicity it evokes memories of Bulawayo, friends, school, laughter, innocence and my grandparents in a way that no other picture could. I LOVE it!
When I return to London in December, this will be framed and in my suitcase. I am thrilled. Not just because I am supporting someone talented and local. But also because in its simplicity it evokes memories of Bulawayo, friends, school, laughter, innocence and my grandparents in a way that no other picture could. I LOVE it!

No comments:
Post a Comment