Thursday, August 23, 2012

Things I learnt this week...

There are lessons around every corner...

1 - if you keep you eye on the prize (i.e. holiday at the end of the week) - you can move (work) mountains...

2 - the expectations I have of myself are not the expectations others have of me - I am my own harshest critic...

3 - There are Africans everywhere in this city - more than I ever realised...

4 - I am bowled over by how many people are reading my blog and I never even knew - thank you ALL for your support and joyful sharing...

5 - My vietnamese firecracker (aka beautician!) had a favourite sport at the Olympics she told me today...'dancing in the water' (aka synchronised swimming) and 'monkey bars' (aka gymnastics parallel bars)

6 - When people you love say 'I trust you" - it is so heartwarming...my 'gaapyar' friend said it to me tonight when she phoned about the restaurant we were going to eat at...and it touched my heart...

7 - Plumbers are great at cleaning pipes too (I have on good authority!)

8 - That my 'zest for life' inspires someone I adore....such a special thought...

9 - That Chris Martin from Coldplay has an Aunt who lives in Harare and his mother was born in Zimbabwe...fan my brow!  Just amazed...

10 - That even through all the nonsense of ZImbabwe...there is SUCH talent there - my recent art purchase is testament to that!  

Off on hols tomorrow with my Agnes...excited.com

Au revoir my lovelies - catch you in 10 days x

No comments:

Post a Comment