I have just seen an advert on the telly with a red letterbox that has a snake coming out of the slit...and an alligator walking past it...and for a moment I felt like I could identify with it - one endless stream of RANDOM! And now...garden gnomes advertising a board game called 'The Best of British'! Goodness me...and finally Sausage shaped yorkshire puddings...have you bloody ever!
Since I have lived in the UK I have been overwhelmed by the variety of goodies you can get. My innocent SAFFA eyes have been on stalks...I kid you not. I have gone cold turkey on wheat and dairy since I have been here...mostly for my rheumatoid arthritis...and it has not mattered one iota. I can get anything and everything I need that is either soya based or goat/sheep milk based. Incredible really!
On Saturday it will be 17 months to the day since I flew over to the Uk on VS60something...I remember my 63 kgs of luggage like it was yesterday! I could hardly push the bloody trolley!
And now - 17 months down the line...I find myself asking - what has I done with the time because it sure feels like I have flown...well, this is what I have done...
Cities I have visited...
NYC...four times
Washington DC
Boston
Copenhagen...another trip in a few weeks...
Amsterdam...twice...
Milan
Lake Como
Florence
San Gimignano
Sienna
Pisa
South Africa...3 times
Zimbabwe
Stratford-upon-Avon
Birmingham
Upcoming trips in 2013
Marrakech...February 2013 for my birthday
Atlanta, USA...February 2013
Paris...TBC
Greece...TBC
Rome, Venice and Amalfi coast...TBC
Wish list: Prague, Lisbon, Vienna, Monaco...
Old friends and family I have had the good fortune of seeing in my home town...or travels...
Darryl Neser and family
Margaux Nissen Gray
Meghan Perrin
Chad Snelgar
Jill Schurr
Sandy Whitehead
Maureen Harrison
Bobby Hlaca
Dianne Mazwi
Katie Feather
Paul Currie and family
Carryn King and Gemma
Carly and Toby...3 times this year in London nogal!
And many many others too numerous to mention and so delightful to have reconnected with...
Theatre forays to expand my cultural horizons...
Billy Elliott
Driving Miss Daisy
Jersey Boys
Wicked
The Lion King in NYC
Terrible Advice
Pygmalion
The Rain that washes
Shakespeare's Globe in Sesotho
The Last of the Haussmans with Julie Walters (and where I spotted Paloma Faith in the audience!)
Still on the hit list: War Horse...
Other cultural endeavours that grew (mostly my girth) but my tastes too...
The Sanctuary Spa in Covent Garden...it was recommended...and it was fantastic!
Galvin at Windows - what a meal and what a view
Jamie's Italian for Max and my birthday in February
The World Photo Awards 2012
The London 2012 OLYMPICS....
100m men's paralympic final in THAT stadium
A day at Ascot for the races
Buckingham Palace state rooms
Queen's Jubilee weekend
Ice Skating at Somerset House (21 November booked!)
Chocolate making...going on Saturday
Columbia Road Flower Market
Victoria and Albert Museum
Natural History Museum
Barry Hilton at the Clapham Grand
The must-do's still to come: The Fat Duck in Bray...I will get a reservation...one day! A day at Wimbledon tennis; the dog races; day at the beach at Brighton; find a Banksy original; Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Catherdral, Portobello Road, Canary Wharf Friday night drinks, St James Park; Hamleys; The National Gallery; See the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace; watch Tower Bridge being raised; eating a meal in the dark...the list goes on...seems I need to get BUSY!
Divas and dancing...concerts...
Madonna - so average
George Michael
Hugh Masekela
Alanis Morrisette
The Christmas Cracker Spectacular 2012...think Rick Astley, No limits, Banarama...awesome!
Still on the hit list: Night at the Proms next summer; Cold Play, U2, Adele
I am sure I am forgetting things...I am tired!
But it seems I am not short of ideas...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/9197804/London-2012-100-of-the-best-things-to-do-in-London.html
Either way...it has been a cracker 17 months...some fun, some funny moments, some not so funny moments...but all together a F(***)ing, U(nbelievable), experie(N)ce...FUN!
Since I have lived in the UK I have been overwhelmed by the variety of goodies you can get. My innocent SAFFA eyes have been on stalks...I kid you not. I have gone cold turkey on wheat and dairy since I have been here...mostly for my rheumatoid arthritis...and it has not mattered one iota. I can get anything and everything I need that is either soya based or goat/sheep milk based. Incredible really!
On Saturday it will be 17 months to the day since I flew over to the Uk on VS60something...I remember my 63 kgs of luggage like it was yesterday! I could hardly push the bloody trolley!
And now - 17 months down the line...I find myself asking - what has I done with the time because it sure feels like I have flown...well, this is what I have done...
Cities I have visited...
NYC...four times
Washington DC
Boston
Copenhagen...another trip in a few weeks...
Amsterdam...twice...
Milan
Lake Como
Florence
San Gimignano
Sienna
Pisa
South Africa...3 times
Zimbabwe
Stratford-upon-Avon
Birmingham
Upcoming trips in 2013
Marrakech...February 2013 for my birthday
Atlanta, USA...February 2013
Paris...TBC
Greece...TBC
Rome, Venice and Amalfi coast...TBC
Wish list: Prague, Lisbon, Vienna, Monaco...
Old friends and family I have had the good fortune of seeing in my home town...or travels...
Darryl Neser and family
Margaux Nissen Gray
Meghan Perrin
Chad Snelgar
Jill Schurr
Sandy Whitehead
Maureen Harrison
Bobby Hlaca
Dianne Mazwi
Katie Feather
Paul Currie and family
Carryn King and Gemma
Carly and Toby...3 times this year in London nogal!
And many many others too numerous to mention and so delightful to have reconnected with...
Theatre forays to expand my cultural horizons...
Billy Elliott
Driving Miss Daisy
Jersey Boys
Wicked
The Lion King in NYC
Terrible Advice
Pygmalion
The Rain that washes
Shakespeare's Globe in Sesotho
The Last of the Haussmans with Julie Walters (and where I spotted Paloma Faith in the audience!)
Still on the hit list: War Horse...
Other cultural endeavours that grew (mostly my girth) but my tastes too...
The Sanctuary Spa in Covent Garden...it was recommended...and it was fantastic!
Galvin at Windows - what a meal and what a view
Jamie's Italian for Max and my birthday in February
The World Photo Awards 2012
The London 2012 OLYMPICS....
100m men's paralympic final in THAT stadium
A day at Ascot for the races
Buckingham Palace state rooms
Queen's Jubilee weekend
Ice Skating at Somerset House (21 November booked!)
Chocolate making...going on Saturday
Columbia Road Flower Market
Victoria and Albert Museum
Natural History Museum
Barry Hilton at the Clapham Grand
The must-do's still to come: The Fat Duck in Bray...I will get a reservation...one day! A day at Wimbledon tennis; the dog races; day at the beach at Brighton; find a Banksy original; Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Catherdral, Portobello Road, Canary Wharf Friday night drinks, St James Park; Hamleys; The National Gallery; See the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace; watch Tower Bridge being raised; eating a meal in the dark...the list goes on...seems I need to get BUSY!
Divas and dancing...concerts...
Madonna - so average
George Michael
Hugh Masekela
Alanis Morrisette
The Christmas Cracker Spectacular 2012...think Rick Astley, No limits, Banarama...awesome!
Still on the hit list: Night at the Proms next summer; Cold Play, U2, Adele
I am sure I am forgetting things...I am tired!
But it seems I am not short of ideas...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/9197804/London-2012-100-of-the-best-things-to-do-in-London.html
Either way...it has been a cracker 17 months...some fun, some funny moments, some not so funny moments...but all together a F(***)ing, U(nbelievable), experie(N)ce...FUN!

No comments:
Post a Comment