I woke up this morning...early...very fekkin early...but with such a happy feeling in my heart. I am not sure if there is anything particular I can attribute it to...but for sure 50% of it is because my new little nie/phew is on the way....he/she was diarised for arrival on 4 November...but as is the Wilson/Williams trait, he/she is large (Wilson...) and impatient (Williams...) and therefore will possibly make an early exit. I cannot wait. For all these months we have called him/her Junior. Cute name if I may say so myself (says the official naming Aunty!!!) Junior's parents this week acknowledged they may possibly be in denial (or in my sister's words...procrastinating - haha!) about they fact that they are preggers. Sorry maties - reality bites...you are in fact preggers...you have in fact been preggers since day 1 of ho(r)neymoon and no...that is not just a really big case of gas build up in my radiant sister's tummy!
Now I am convinced that Junior is a boy. There is ZOT factual evidence behind this statement and 100% gut feeling. Hope I am right (just because I like being right!) but also because I love love love love love the name they have for a boy....but here's the thing...if it is a girl, I will be ecstatic and joyous and will love the smell of her as she grows up and sprays herself with lotions and potions and finds her mom's expensive make-up and plays dress up with the multitudes of Aunty Gigi's costume jewellery...this little girl will have a wardrobe that rivals Celine Dion's with me in her life!!! And the little girls name is gorgeous too - don't get me wrong! But if it is a boy...oooh now - we will be able to go do all the things that little boys do...like being with him when he first writes his name in pee in the sand!!! I know - totally random! Either way - I have a nie/phew on the way and I am STOKED....good luck for the last few days of preggerness sistola x
And in other breaking news, my mates are popping out lighties left right and centre. Everytime I chat to anyone from home the news of stork visits rises. I wonder if there are any stats about the highest rate of pregnancy in a social circle in a year! Babies abound...and I just discovered that my friend, 'she-hoo-is-fanatical-about-mountain-biking' is preggers this morning. I talk in code as I am not sure anyone knows...and once you put it down in writing, eish - baby news spreads like wildfire...and I am inevitably in kak for having spread the love! I know they have been trying for a while so I am ECSTATIC for them...and in between I welcomed a new cuzzin to the world - little Scott King...playmate for his adorable spunky little sister, Gemma. And my most rebellious mate of all time, 'she-who-has-wine-intravenously' is also preggers...the A List grows daily!
Now this has really got me thinking about the circle of life...you know, the whole Simba/Mufasa vibe. I recently saw the Lion King for the 3rd time in New York City and I LOVED it all over again! We had superb seats and it was like I was back in the middle of my own Africa...and when they started singing the first 'Circle of life' song...eish - tears...I was fekkin far from home mind, yet one of my much loved African mates was sitting next to me...life is wonderfully ironic and special! Back to the point...I love that the people I love are having people they love...it is the wonder and joy of being human I believe. Now I do not have kids...and probably won't have kids...but I love SO vicariously through my mates offspring that I consider myself blessed. I think back to my family...how that has grown with loved one's in the past 4 or so years...Maya, Gemma, Scott, Mila...my immediate new cousins...then there are Tyla, Jack and Lexi - my Bulawayo Buttons...Samuel and James in Cape Town...and the McGaw kiddies - Stoofie, Rob Dob, Bunny and Jess...characters all 4 of them...and this year Muzz and Paddy welcomed James...Laagles and Ands had Princess Victoria...B Bop and Mark had Carys...and the list goes on and on...life is a wonderful thing...and Lolly's Chaddlles with another one on the way...and Kedda's Dylan and Tristan - happy chappies those two...and I cannot forget to mention my 'family-in-law' - the one and only Sammie J and Max - such characters...they have nicknamed Junior...wait for it....'Eric P.Wildebeest Esquire'...that name cannot help but make you smile....
All in all, the circle of life is alive, healthy and bringing joy into my life. I have 45 sleeps until I am home and meet Junior in person. 51 sleeps until I see my mom for the first time this YEAR. Tonight I see Hugh Masakela. Tomorrow night is reserved for George Michael. My cup over runneth, my work can be over cometh and my circle of life multiplies by the day...so yip, I think I have a good feeling about where my happiness this morning comes from! Love to you all x

No comments:
Post a Comment