Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Embracing me...

The last two weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster...all icky sicky up-and-downy topsy-turvy.  I have not enjoyed them one bit.  But somehow the sunshine came out in my heart this weekend.  It peeked its head out on Friday afternoon...but got smartly slapped by having no-one to play with in the glorious sunshine of Friday evening...instant retreat and a wobbly lip.  But then it peered out again on Saturday morning...carefully at first.  And then it said 'FLARK it and FLARK those of you who want to rain on my parade'...and from then on my sunshiny heart has danced its way through the weekend. Some days it danced harder than others...but it matters not the dance...a foxtrot and a tango are just as good for the soul.




I spent time reflecting this weekend.  It is almost becoming my status quo.  But I also spent a LOT of time connecting...and that was special.  A crazy skype with Unsteady who has a FB relationship update on the horizon...go my friendy!  We totally cried with laughter as I regaled her with stories of my mad Wednesday night shenanigans...eish - partying on school nights is not for sissies!  I chatted with my darling Miche - somebody whose heart beats in time with mine even though we are continents apart.  We also screamed with laughter and had many cursing moments where my iphone autocorrected words on chat...random fact of the night - did you know 'shagging' autocorrects to 'Shafeek'!!!!!  I had precious moments with my sister and the Fredster...who is growing before my very eyes and becoming more and more of a character every time I talk to him.  As I answered the Facetime from my sis she was  changing his nappy...how I love the intimacy of moments!!!  A skype with Vennardi cumLaude was also the order of the day...we are like kindred spirits us two...joined by sheer emotion.



I also treated myself to a Flotation tank therapy session.  Un-BE-lievable.  An hour in a salt water flotation tank (no...you don't go wrinkly!) where all you have to occupy you is your own thoughts in a dark space.  Eventually your brain tires and that's it - you switch off, bob about like a rotten cork in a bottle of cheap wine and exit feeling rested and rejuvenated.  I spent time in beautiful Chiswick...land of loot and skinny ladies who lunch - it was fab doll!  I hung out with Noo - one of my most original friendships....we talked deeply, intimately and non-stop for 4 hours...phenomenal.  And then to top off the weekend, I had dinner with my friend Vix from NYC...she landed yesterday and is here for the week.  We chinwagged and talked about the skeletons in our family closets...she had some purlers!


I spent a long time on Saturday just wandering around my city.  No timetable.  No agenda.  Nobody to meet.  Nowhere to be.  I sat in a public garden near Embankment for ages...observing.  A beautiful bride in a vintage dress came by...bygone era for sure.  I took lots of photos of my city in the sunshine.  London is really spectacular in the sunshine.  You see the joy oozing through the pores of the big grey buildings.  I have discovered this amazing love for taking photos of life around.  Trying to capture the magic in the everyday.  So often we miss this magic.  We think life needs to be a daring adventure every day.  Well this weekend, my life was a casual saunter...and I used each day to embrace myself and give myself a 'figurative' hug.



I have not started this week feeling any more upbeat than past weeks...but I am starting it feeling different.  Almost like something inside me has shifted.  I am embracing the carefree...I am keeping myself busy as others keep themselves busy...I cannot control how the world treats me...but I can control how I respond to it...and I choose to respond with love and care and compassion and kindness...but most of all patience.  Sometimes I want to hug the world harder when I am struggling...some people don't like this...instead I chose to embrace myself and give myself a big squeezy cuddle in the hopes that this will be enough to sustain me till the world opens its arms to me again.  A wise lady (my darling Pix) once told me that 'this too shall pass'...and she is yet to be wrong.

I share with you some of my photos from the past few days...love them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment