Saturday, May 4, 2013

Symbolism....and a reboot!

I am having a moment people...as I type this I am sitting in the Apple Store in Covent Garden where they are (literally!) rebooting my life....well my life that exists on my Macbook.  And I cannot help but smile at the symbolism of this moment.  There are signs EVERYWHERE.

This week has been a nasty crunch moment with some incredibly sad moments.  I have been touched by those who have reached out to me and sent words of solace, comfort and much joy.  I know my blog from Monday night was brutally honest.  That's me.  I am honest to the point of abstraction.  I know it made some people uncomfortable.  But for others it allowed them to breathe out and identify.  Thank you to those of you who reached out - texts, inboxed messages, emails, Whatsapps, calls from the other side of the world...you are all GEMS in my jewel-encrusted life.

But back to the symbolism.  I am a sucker for an Irish accent - total sucker.  And when you combine that with a red-headed man....OMG.  So dear sweet red-headed, Irish man Chippy has literally made my day shiny happy!  He has rebooted my computer....given it a totally fresh start when it was limping along, getting its commands muddled and freezing in confusion....but bless, poor old Chippy has no idea he has also just started a reboot of my mindset.  Time for a fresh start, time to stop 'hanging' and clear the decks.  Just like my Macbook is going to have some painful moments to get it all set up again....so too will rebooting my mindset.  I am kinda relieved my Mac is getting a clean slate...I did not know what I did not know when I bought it...so I did not set up some of the stuff correctly.  Same goes for my mindset.  I am older, I am wiser (on some fronts) and its time to set things on the right course again.

Over and out peeps - I am off to wander through my city and look for some more magic...and maybe a cute little Chippy or two along the way!    

No comments:

Post a Comment