Oh my word - the excitement is building. I cannot explain the feeling. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to New York City. Always. Like forever. And tomorrow I go. And I do it in style - business class flat bed baby! This little pleb girl from Bulawayo, zimbabwe is heading off to the big smoke. I really just do not have the words - overcome to be honest. This is the icing on my London cake - I wonder what the cherry will be! Maybe kissing a handsome stranger on top of the Rockefeller Centre...hehe!!
I have been gathering my peeps input on where to go, what to see, etc. The practical aspect here - I have 3.5 days to sightsee and do the things that will make me experience NYC not just as a checklist of things, but really experience it in my heart.
It sounds trashy - but one of the top things on my list - mmm - a Sex and the City bus tour. I cannot wait - hoping to get on one for next weekend! And I want to walk and see and touch and smell and hear the sounds of a place that I have wanted to visit since I was a teenager. I kind of feel like the excitement I am feeling must be what parents feel on the eve of the birth of their first child. Excitement, intrepidation but knowing in your heart that this is how the universe meant it to be.
Look out for some photos and things - not sure if I will get to do them while I am there - but who knows - the world is my oyster!
So many many many other things to tell you as well - this week has been SERIOUSLY social - dinner with the Vicki's on Monday, work function on Tuesday, dinner with Anthony on Wednesday and tonight dinner with my friend Sean who is over from Joburg - bless - he even came early to see me before I went to NYC!
Have a splendid week my lovelies, don't miss me too much and how about some emails from those of you who have news - I know there are many many many of you! In case you have forgotten - ginaleewilson@gmail.com
Oh - and P.S. Can someone please text me/bbm me/facebook me the Springbok Rugby score tomorrow morning at around 10am London time - my flight takes off at 10.15am and I want to know if the buggers are in the lead or not by then!
Ciao bella! xxxx
I have been gathering my peeps input on where to go, what to see, etc. The practical aspect here - I have 3.5 days to sightsee and do the things that will make me experience NYC not just as a checklist of things, but really experience it in my heart.
It sounds trashy - but one of the top things on my list - mmm - a Sex and the City bus tour. I cannot wait - hoping to get on one for next weekend! And I want to walk and see and touch and smell and hear the sounds of a place that I have wanted to visit since I was a teenager. I kind of feel like the excitement I am feeling must be what parents feel on the eve of the birth of their first child. Excitement, intrepidation but knowing in your heart that this is how the universe meant it to be.
Look out for some photos and things - not sure if I will get to do them while I am there - but who knows - the world is my oyster!
So many many many other things to tell you as well - this week has been SERIOUSLY social - dinner with the Vicki's on Monday, work function on Tuesday, dinner with Anthony on Wednesday and tonight dinner with my friend Sean who is over from Joburg - bless - he even came early to see me before I went to NYC!
Have a splendid week my lovelies, don't miss me too much and how about some emails from those of you who have news - I know there are many many many of you! In case you have forgotten - ginaleewilson@gmail.com
Oh - and P.S. Can someone please text me/bbm me/facebook me the Springbok Rugby score tomorrow morning at around 10am London time - my flight takes off at 10.15am and I want to know if the buggers are in the lead or not by then!
Ciao bella! xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment