Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tough crowd!

So this week has been no walk in the park.  Well it has literally but not figuratively. For the first time in many years I feel as though I am on the back foot with regards to orienting myself to a new team of people.  A team of senior, driven, intelligent people.  People with a low bullshit tolerance and high expectations.  It has been a tough week with a tough crowd.  Don't get me wrong - I am enjoying it.  But I have to keep reminding myself that (a) I am only human and (b) that this too shall pass and things will move onwards and upwards!

I decided to do something fun - as you do when you are under the whip and can suddenly breathe again...you procrastinate (well at least I do!) - so I put the words  TOUGH CROWD into Google Translate to see if there were any expressions I particularly liked...

Spanish: Publico Exigente (makes me think of public exit!)
Afrikaans: Taai skare (tough scare? !)
French: Foule difficiles (difficult fools in another world?)
Filipino: Matigas pagkalipumpunan (mate I have gas from the pumpernickel I ate!!!)
Swahili: mgumu umati wa watu (:))

German: Harte masse (heart of the masses was my interpretation!)

The first few made me smile out loud - and then the German one really stopped me in my tracks (even though I know the translation means something different, by association it evoked a different feeling).  A tough crowd is tough because they want the best outcome.  They want the very best experience.  They want things to come from the heart, to be done properly, to have heart.  I can now make peace with my tough week and learn a valuable lesson - if the intent is positive, the toughness can always always always be overcome.

Have a beautiful week harte masse! x


No comments:

Post a Comment