Thursday, May 26, 2011

A different kind of present....

Today I received more presents than I could ever have imagined...presents that are so special that the words I write about them will pale in significance to the meaning they gave to me.  Today many many people gave me the present of TIME.  Time spent with me, time doing the kindest of gestures, time thinking up things they knew that I would enjoy, time to send me an email or give me a call...and as I get older, the only present I can never buy myself is one that everyone chose to give me - that is the beauty of life!

Jimbo and Chomps spent time with me at Spur dinner - what a funny evening (and no, Jimbo - my farewell was not at Rand Airport or the Grand!), Agneshka made me the most beautiful heartfelt card with photos of some of our happiest memories (This child is SO talented - check out her Facebook page for PercyJane - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=105359642862301), Lauren and Chad spent  the afternoon laughing their heads off with me (Chaddles - cows go MOOOOO my darling!); Kell Bell indulged me by trying a totally OTT (over-the-top for the uninitiated!) restaurant for what was supposed to be a light lunch (eat at La Campagnola - wow!); Hilary from our Bulawayo days, who herself is facing so many health challenges, sent me a dear email as did Jenny; Mom phoned me, Brenda texted me - the list is endless!  The point is - every one of these people took time to think of me, time to spend with me, time to share with me.  Today, like no other, I feel totally loved. 

And the strangest part of all of this (and those of you who are familiar with the Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman will understand this!) - my language of Love has definitely become about QUALITY time and WORDS OF AFFIRMATION and less about RECEIVING GIFTS (I still like to give them though)...google this book - it makes for interesting reading!

Goodnight Africa, goodnight loved one's, goodnight friends and family - Kealeboga for your time! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment