Out of all the men in London....all the gorgeous, handsome, Italian speaking men in London...the one who chooses to start a conversation with me in a fish and chip shop on Gloucester Road last night is called Pepe from Algeria....just my luck! In fairness, Pepe was helluva funny! He started his conversation by asking me what I was reading (I had my Kindle out looking ever so continential and cool!). Shame I think - bless him for asking! So I say - it's a romantic novel based around a murder case... Well - it was like music to Pepe's ears. the lights came on and PEPE the swerve was home! I got the usual come on lines like..."a book is never as romantic as me" [bleugh!!!] - and I continued to read my book casually smiling inside my head! Then Pepe asks me what I am going to have for desert - he recommends the Chocolate Fudge Cake...I say I am not in the mood for CFC (watching my figure and all you know!) and so then comes the whopper of a question from Pepe...the one that would make the average person think WTF...Pepe asks me - if I could choose to either have a slice of CFC or have sex with him which would it be. I burst into a laughter that afronted him - trust me - he was offended! I mean really - what happened to foreplay in this day and age. Is this what it has come down to - sex or cake? Well - me thinks I would like to have my cake and REALLY eat it!!!!!
Other highlights from yesterday - the sunshine came out and it was simply glorious to sit outside until 9.30pm in the daylight - simply stunning! Internet is SO cheap - like mind numbingly cheap - £1 an hour for heavens sake - I am sure it costs me more to flush my toilet each time in Africa...I had my first fish and chips - don't think I chose the best spot to get them from (there was after all a resident lurking Algerian in the shop)...but I will persevere with this English staple! And finally - I walked and walked and walked and walked. It was delicious. Things are quite flat in the area I am staying in, so it makes the walking pleasant. I think I might just LOVE High Street Kensington - so alive!
Signing out from me to all the Pepe's in the world - maybe one Pepe somewhere is really for me!!!! Love you all xxxx
Other highlights from yesterday - the sunshine came out and it was simply glorious to sit outside until 9.30pm in the daylight - simply stunning! Internet is SO cheap - like mind numbingly cheap - £1 an hour for heavens sake - I am sure it costs me more to flush my toilet each time in Africa...I had my first fish and chips - don't think I chose the best spot to get them from (there was after all a resident lurking Algerian in the shop)...but I will persevere with this English staple! And finally - I walked and walked and walked and walked. It was delicious. Things are quite flat in the area I am staying in, so it makes the walking pleasant. I think I might just LOVE High Street Kensington - so alive!
Signing out from me to all the Pepe's in the world - maybe one Pepe somewhere is really for me!!!! Love you all xxxx
Just remember that cake after sex is still as good.
ReplyDeletecrap... dont take this the wrong way. Stay away from people who try to pick you up in a Chippy.
ReplyDeleteHahahha - hilarious!
ReplyDelete