11 hours of flying. My darling sis had put in a request to the Travel Fairy (we believe in all sorts of fairies!!) for me to have four empty seats. Alas - I had a family of 3 filling the seats in my row - at least the kid was sweet - 3 year old Ayo with the biggest pop of hair you have ever seen...Lenny Kravitz had NOTHING on him! Anyways - breakfast arrives and in my head I know...it is inevitable...the tray they are going to put my hot meal on is going to have a Granadilla yoghurt. Just because I do not like Granadilla yoghurt, it WILL be there! And sure as nuts - 1 x Granadilla punnet!
Now don't get me wrong (and you are probably wondering where on earth I am going with this!)...I like Granadilla yoghurt - I just HATE the pips. So - I pop open the lid of my yoghurt and push my spoon through it to see if the pips are on the bottom. IMAGINE my surprise when I discover...it is PIPLESS. Yahoo - Jackpot! And one way down goes the Granadilla Yoghurt!
The lesson - sometimes things are not as they seem and suspending my prior knowledge is necessary in order to try new things. My new life in London is going to have high's and low's; interesting and boring; fulfilling and frustrating moments - but either way, I have NO doubt - there will be a GRANADILLA SURPRISE at the end of each of these moments. So - my challenge to you - look out for your Granadilla surprise moments - they are there - you just not seeing them. And when you recognise them - celebrate, smile, laugh, rejoice, high five yourself and always always always have another "punnet" - you will get braver with each one!
Much love from my new home - London - city of Granadilla Surprises!
Now don't get me wrong (and you are probably wondering where on earth I am going with this!)...I like Granadilla yoghurt - I just HATE the pips. So - I pop open the lid of my yoghurt and push my spoon through it to see if the pips are on the bottom. IMAGINE my surprise when I discover...it is PIPLESS. Yahoo - Jackpot! And one way down goes the Granadilla Yoghurt!
The lesson - sometimes things are not as they seem and suspending my prior knowledge is necessary in order to try new things. My new life in London is going to have high's and low's; interesting and boring; fulfilling and frustrating moments - but either way, I have NO doubt - there will be a GRANADILLA SURPRISE at the end of each of these moments. So - my challenge to you - look out for your Granadilla surprise moments - they are there - you just not seeing them. And when you recognise them - celebrate, smile, laugh, rejoice, high five yourself and always always always have another "punnet" - you will get braver with each one!
Much love from my new home - London - city of Granadilla Surprises!
Loved this Gigga. So my last um, granadilla had many unpleasant pips in it, but hopefully the next one (or the one after that) will be smooth all the way :-) SuperC
ReplyDeleteYahoo Super C - look forward to having Granadilla cocktails with you sooner than soon! xxx
ReplyDelete