Thursday, May 26, 2011

Needing to be needed...

I woke up this morning with this kind of surreal feeling - for the first time in 11 years of working I no longer have anything to do!  I feel like a fish out of water and the strangest part - when you have nothing to do, you become paralysed by having nothing to do and so nothing gets done!  It is almost as though you are saving the few things on your "TO DO" list to make them last - like shelling all your prawns and then eating them slowly one by one on your plate...having the last one is such a let down!

I am not entirely sure why this feeling has popped up this morning - I have been unemployed for nearly two weeks!  Perhaps all the running round and tying up my life has meant I have not really stopped to think...and now that I have time to think - eish!  I sent my team from the office an sms seeing how they were....one wrote back about understanding the "need to be needed" - the other wrote back "oh!"...so I chuckled and realised, each of us does need to be needed...some of us every day, some of us less frequently...but not one human being in the world can deny they need to be needed!

Now don't get me wrong - this is not a dependency, "I still need my mom" kind of needing.  It is the kind that says indirectly - you still have a place in my world, you are still part of my circle of interaction, you are still the person I want to have in my space.  And there is nothing better than that deep sixth sense feeling of knowing, "someone needs me!"

Have a "needy" happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment