Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2nd day back to work blues....

Yip.  Today marks day 2 of back to work and it feels like it is day 222!  I kid you not.  Somedays I find myself wondering if work is all it cracked up to be.  When I was at school I wished away my life.  Always wanting to be 'big', leave school and lead my own life.  What I would not give to be back at school.  Seriously.  Work in the mornings, sport in the afternoon with all your mates, packed lunches, meeting the Falcon bus, being naughty with friends and who could possibly forget the 3 or 4 months of holiday a year.  4 FREAKING months.  Now I stick to my 27 days and ration it out like an anorexic with her nuts over the course of the year!  It sucks!

London has also offered up a truly SHITE day to go back to work yesterday.  It was raining.  LOTS. And.  AT ME!  Horizontal rain is not for sissies and I truly nearly ended up being blown over in the 100 metre dash from bus to work door.  Now that would have been FUNNY! 

So now I wade through hundreds of emails (when all I secretly want to do is press CTRL-A-DELETE) and continue to offer up 'Happy New Year' to all and sundry!  I wonder when you cross the line in the sand when saying Happy NY is no longer required.  I think I vote for 1 february - although maybe that is still overkill!

I arrived home to a MOUNTAIN of post.  I thought to myself - yippy skippy - Christmas cards and letters from all my pals across the globe!  Noit!  Bank statements, energy notices, annual 'girly-bits-exam' reminder and another bloody card reader.  I am now the proud owner of 3 card readers for 3 different accounts - ridiculous - not sure I even know which one is which anymore...whoops!

And so far - I have managed to stick to my NY philosophy.  Those of you who know me have long ago realised that I do not do resolutions.  All they do is depress you.  So - at the beginning of the year I always adopt a NY philosophy.  I use this to guide my thinking for the year and it becomes my kind of mantra.  In 2009 it was 'quality not quantity' for pretty much everything in life (that was the year of the 'expensive handbag' - but only one!!!), then 2010 was 'active and enthusiastic' (about my life and opportunities it provides) and 2011 was 'just say yes' (which is relatively self-explanatory!).  2012 has a slightly different flavour (it was hatched sometime between 3 and 4 am on Xmas morning when I was 'stewing' about something that had happened the night before..)  2012 is the year of being BRAVE.  Brave about what I want, brave about living the way I want, brave about friends, travel and all things me!  I had my first BRAVE day yesterday (and it left me feeling a little timid - all this braveness can overcome one!), but I am determined that 2012 is my year.  For me.  To do everything that makes me smile and makes me a better person.  Now that I am excited about!

Now let me get back to my '2nd-day-blues-job' and make some poor soul in some distant land smile (I have that effect on people!)  HAPPY NEW YEAR lovelies (and maybe I will say it a few more times before my 'lin-in-the-sand' cutt-off date!!!) xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment