...a new Macbook Air to make the blog posts work! Woo hoo! I am in heaven playing around with it and I know I have a TON of things to learn about how it works and all the cool things it can do...but for the moment - I am just THRILLED that I can do my blog...properly...again!
And today has just been a magical day...magnificent weather outside...very gentle breeze, bright sunshine and gorgeous blue sky...and all while I have the whole day to mooch about and enjoy it...gotta love NYC in this weather! Spent the morning with Katie and her gorgeous Emily. Last time I saw them both was September 2011...yet it feels like yesterday! Familiar faces lead to familiar interactions and happy chatting...with no agenda, no burning need to learn everything about everything, no need to feel anxious or nervous about impressing anyone with the coolness of your life...just old friends who you have known since you were 10 in a city that is glorious in its appeal.
We had lunch at this fab place in the Upper West side...called Max Caffe - uber chilled, mismatched furniture and a totally local feel - just super fun! And it was so amusing...there were a bunch of people all sitting there on their Mac's whiling away the hours and now I could smile in mutual identity with the addictive nature of an Apple!
NYC becomes more and more familiar to me with each trip. It is like a new found friend who you feel the need to impress less and less with each meeting, but who makes you feel more and more comfortable to just be yourself in their company. NYC is fast becoming my old friend - and I love her for it more and more each time!
I cannot wait to come back here next month again...but this time - ALL HOLIDAY! I can't wait to wander her gentle streets, take in the sights and smells, explore Brooklyn and just generally hang out...and the fact that I get to do that with my Agnes...dear wonderful friend who has a special place in my heart...a rewarding, comfortable friendship with someone who I have had the pleasure of reconnecting with in my adult life after years of knowing one another. Agneska - NYC 2012 was our dream over 2 years ago and on 24 August 2012 it becomes the reality...the excitement is palpable. Can't wait to share it with you my friend...
And that holiday will be one filled with so many wonderful memories...Washington DC will be lucky to have this crazy Zimbo on its doorstep...watch out Dupont circle (and Chaddles!)!! And then it is off to beautiful Boston to give great big hug to D and his wonderful new family....I have not seen him since May 2002....and this is someone whose father and my father where wonderful friends...we go WAY back! I cannot wait to spend some time with him and for him to share his love of his city with me...
Anyway luvvas - this has been a cracker of a weekend, but alas - the world waits for no-one and I have a BITCH of week coming up work-wise...back to London on Thursday night...let's hope for another upgrade...that blog post to follow...and then the Olympics opens in my city...yes, MY city...on Friday night....may the weather last, may the spirits soar and the love abound as we get into the most exciting two weeks of the sporting calendar for 2012 - I am so stoked I cannot contain myself....adios shamwari's!
And today has just been a magical day...magnificent weather outside...very gentle breeze, bright sunshine and gorgeous blue sky...and all while I have the whole day to mooch about and enjoy it...gotta love NYC in this weather! Spent the morning with Katie and her gorgeous Emily. Last time I saw them both was September 2011...yet it feels like yesterday! Familiar faces lead to familiar interactions and happy chatting...with no agenda, no burning need to learn everything about everything, no need to feel anxious or nervous about impressing anyone with the coolness of your life...just old friends who you have known since you were 10 in a city that is glorious in its appeal.
We had lunch at this fab place in the Upper West side...called Max Caffe - uber chilled, mismatched furniture and a totally local feel - just super fun! And it was so amusing...there were a bunch of people all sitting there on their Mac's whiling away the hours and now I could smile in mutual identity with the addictive nature of an Apple!
NYC becomes more and more familiar to me with each trip. It is like a new found friend who you feel the need to impress less and less with each meeting, but who makes you feel more and more comfortable to just be yourself in their company. NYC is fast becoming my old friend - and I love her for it more and more each time!
I cannot wait to come back here next month again...but this time - ALL HOLIDAY! I can't wait to wander her gentle streets, take in the sights and smells, explore Brooklyn and just generally hang out...and the fact that I get to do that with my Agnes...dear wonderful friend who has a special place in my heart...a rewarding, comfortable friendship with someone who I have had the pleasure of reconnecting with in my adult life after years of knowing one another. Agneska - NYC 2012 was our dream over 2 years ago and on 24 August 2012 it becomes the reality...the excitement is palpable. Can't wait to share it with you my friend...
And that holiday will be one filled with so many wonderful memories...Washington DC will be lucky to have this crazy Zimbo on its doorstep...watch out Dupont circle (and Chaddles!)!! And then it is off to beautiful Boston to give great big hug to D and his wonderful new family....I have not seen him since May 2002....and this is someone whose father and my father where wonderful friends...we go WAY back! I cannot wait to spend some time with him and for him to share his love of his city with me...
Anyway luvvas - this has been a cracker of a weekend, but alas - the world waits for no-one and I have a BITCH of week coming up work-wise...back to London on Thursday night...let's hope for another upgrade...that blog post to follow...and then the Olympics opens in my city...yes, MY city...on Friday night....may the weather last, may the spirits soar and the love abound as we get into the most exciting two weeks of the sporting calendar for 2012 - I am so stoked I cannot contain myself....adios shamwari's!
No comments:
Post a Comment