Thursday, July 5, 2012

I have been remiss....

Darling friends...I am hanging my head in shame.  I last wrote on this blog on 18 March...yes...MARCH.  Holy freaking doodle - what has happened to the time this year.  Seriously - today is the 5th of July.  Now I would like to say that I blinked and it was the 5th of July...but that would be a big fat LIE!  So I will confess.  When it becomes difficult to blog because the technology lets you down (or in my case my personal laptop is from Noah's Ark), then you give up.  And it is funny - because it is a kind of metaphor for so many things...when they are difficult human beings give up.  Whether it is going running, helping ourselves achieve something or just plain doing the washing up.

Anyways - rant over.  In the 3.5 months since I last wrote I have written copious notes of all the things I needed to tell you - it is not like I battle to speak you know!  I have been on holiday to Italy and back to SA, I have seen Alanis Morrisette in concert (what a voice!), saw isiXhosa theatre at Shakespeare's globe, I have moved house, had numerous visits from friends and family across the world and i have had 3 instances of bank fraud.  Well - maybe not quite 3 in the last 3.5 months...but 3 in the last 12 months - FORKIN irritating if you ask me!  Only thing I haven't had is liposuction or.....mmm - remembering my target audience - let's stop there!  Basically - I have been out having the best fun.  Loving this amazing life I am privileged to lead in this astounding city.  There have been nights out on the town (Tobes and Ben were testament to a particularly raucous one in early May)...I think I might still be nursing that hangover!!!  I saw the Queen's Jubilee too...from a living room couch...dumbass that I am I was flying back to SA that night, so no venturing into London for me in case I could not get to the airport in time...doh!

But the most spectacular, special, amazing thing that has happened to me in the last 3.5 months is plannign for the arrival of my new little niece or nephew.  Now let me tell you - this is going to be one spoilt like person.  S.P.O.I.L.T.  No doubt about it.  Everything I see I want to buy - that is the wonderful thing about buying for a lightie too - no buyer's remorse.  Cos no matter what you PUUUUR-chase - they will look cute!  If I  had my way 'Junior' would be dressed in Nike's, Baby Gap and Gucci cap!!!!  As I type that I realise how completely 'Luda-Cris' that sounds!!!  The point being - I am so thrilled and excited for my bambino junior on the way I could just cry.  There is something so special and extraordinary and mesmerising about something growing in my little sister's tummy - I am overcome when I think about it!  I went with her for a scan when I was home in June - never ever ever will I forget the sound of that little one's heartbeat...forever etched in my memory.

I am fast realising this is a random collection of thoughts - as in totally random.  It is after all Thursday night, I have finally managed to kickstart my old laptop and get it onto my new wireless...now that was like cranking an old Model T ford!  But it works and I guess that is the point.  If it works - write! 

I will be back - better than before - older than the last time and full of nonsense.  But in the meantime - happy weekend my lovelies and catch you on the flip side.  Off to Amsterdam for a weekend of rollicking with the girls - donuts are in store for Leane...for sure!  Big love homies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment